Monday, December 8, 2008

2008 Bowl Game Plan

The first line was my guess and the second, bolded line is the actual line.

Eagle Bank
Wake -8.5 vs Navy
Wake -3 vs Navy A little surprised this isn't higher

New Mexico
Fresno -3.5 vs Colorado St
Fresno -3 vs Colorado St

St. Petersburg
USF -12 vs Memphis
USF -13 vs Memphis

Las Vegas
Arizona -3 vs BYU
Same

New Orleans
Troy -3.5 vs Southern Miss
Troy -4 vs Southern Miss

Poinsettia
TCU -2 vs Boise St
TCU -1.5 vs Boise Thank you Vegas

Hawaii
Notre Dame -2 vs Hawaii
Hawaii -1.5 vs Notre Dame The island advantage

Motor City
Central Michigan -8.5 vs Florida Atlantic
Central Michigan -6.5 vs Florida Atlantic

Meineke
West Virginia -1 vs North Carolina
West Virginia PK vs North Carolina

Champs
Florida St -5 vs Wisconsin
Florida St -4.5 vs Wisconsin

Emerald
Cal -3.5 vs Miami
Cal -6.5 vs Miami

Independence
Louisiana Tech PK vs Northern Illinois
Northern Illinois -2 vs Louisiana Tech I had no idea in this game

Papajohns
Rutgers -3.5 vs NC St
Rutgers -6.5 vs NC St Mike Teel must be impressing some people

Alamo
Missouri -11 vs Northwestern
Missouri -13.5 vs Northwestern I was really hoping this line was set lower than this, Missouri is nothing special this year. Strictly living off their rep from last year. Mizzou actually had something you could call a defense last year.

Humanitarian
Maryland -5 vs Nevada
Nevada -1 Maryland Vegas has been high on Nevada all year long, I really should have known better

Texas
Rice -4 vs Western Michigan
Rice -3 vs Western Michigan

Holiday
Oregon -1 vs Oklahoma St
Oklahoma St -4 vs Oregon I'm not sure what I was thinking with this one

Armed Forces
Houston -5 vs Air Force
Houston -3 vs Air Force

Sun
Pittsburgh -2.5 vs Oregon St
Oregon St -3 vs Pitt I just assumed both Rodgers brothers were going to be out for this one. I take it Quizz will be playing?

Music City
Boston College -10 vs Vanderbilt
Boston College -4 Vanderbilt Vandy is garbage and I'll be forced to take them

Insight
Kansas -9.5 vs Minnesota
Kansas -10 vs Minnesota

Chick-fil-A
GT -4 vs LSU
Same

Outback
Iowa -5.5 vs South Carolina
Iowa -3 South Carolina

Capital One
Georgia -9 vs Michigan St
Georgia -7 Michigan St

Gator
Nebraska -3 vs Clemson
Clemson -3 vs Nebraska I'll be rooting against my university, my hands are tied. I was afraid this would happen. Vegas has been respecting Clemson with the lines they've set for them in the latter part of the year. Many will look at Clemson and see 5 losses, but they are a totally different team since Dabo took over. By totally different, I mean much much better.

Rose
USC -9 vs Penn St
USC -10 Penn St

Orange
VT -1 vs Cincinnati
Cincinnati -2 vs VT I like Cincy quite a bit in this matchup

Cotton
Texas Tech -7.5 vs Mississippi
Texas Tech -6.5 vs Mississippi

Liberty
ECU -3 vs Kentucky
ECU -2 vs Kentucky

Sugar
Alabama -10 vs Utah
Alabama -10.5 vs Utah

International
Uconn -6 vs Buffalo
Uconn -4 vs Buffalo I know Buffalo is riding a lot of momentum after capturing the MAC title, but even with the short line I'm not sure if I like this game much.

Fiesta
Texas -8.5 vs Ohio St
Texas -10 vs Ohio St Show up for once tOSU, just once.

GMAC
Ball St -1 vs Tulsa
Ball St -2.5 vs Tulsa

BCS Title Game
Florida -3 vs Oklahoma
Same

I was completely off in the Eagle Bank, Humanitarian, Holiday, Sun, Music City and Gator Bowls. On the other hand I was within 2 points on 22 games, so that's not horrible. In all I was 73.5 points different from the the actual line for an average of 2.16 per game.

After digesting the lines for a few moments there is no doubt I will be playing TCU, Clemson, Cincinnati and Ohio St.

The next tier of teams include Colorado St, Arizona, Nevada, Western Michigan, Oregon and Vanderbilt(I really hate this one and it should belong in the with the first four teams).

Rounding out the last tier as of now is UNC, Northwestern, Minnesota, Michigan St and Utah.

I will be looking to back the ACC and Big 10. Yes, I know I have leans against VT, Maryland and BC all from the ACC but VT is a well known commodity, Maryland is laying points to the 3rd team in the WAC(which was horrible this year) and BC is only laying 4 to a crappy Vandy team. Besides those three I'll give the ACC looks in every bowl game.

I will fade the fuck out of the Big 12 along with the SEC.