Tuesday, August 5, 2008

It Has Begun

I told myself that when I place the first of many online bets for this coming football season I would create a blog to keep track of my record and progression. Well that time has come. I have placed a bet on USF 75-1 (.5) to win the BCS National Championship.

Now, USF you say? The same team that got stomped by a Dennis Dixon-less Oregon team in the Sun Bowl by the tune of 56-21. Yes, that South Florida squad. I can't take much of the credit for this selection. That belongs to ML. I did, though, do my own research and agreed with his and others sentiments.

I believe that USF has better than a 1.33% chance of winning the BCS Championship game. Given their current odds this represents value. Others must agree because USF is now 20-1 at the Greek and 33-1 at 5 Dimes.

In the meantime I am looking at a few NFL win totals and maybe a few college totals as well. I will post those when the time comes.