Thursday, September 3, 2009

College Football Introduction



I've watched this video close to 30 times since the end of last season. Besides striving to be a degenerate my other life goal is to join the BDU.

Standard college football plays (sides and totals) will be 4x (or 4%), while games I dub to have more importance will be 6x (or 6%). Last year I went 17-7 on bigger plays, which is something I wasn't even aware of until 5 minutes ago. All plays listed will be standard plays unless I note otherwise.

Most plays listed at -110 are placed through a local when his line is better than what I can get online (determined by this useful tool). Last year in college football I went 34-42-1 through my local. Bets placed online were 81-61-1. This is fascinating because "Bruf" rarely makes line changes, so I only go through him when money comes in on the anti-public side and either lowers the line for a dog or raises it up for a fav. I don't believe any significant conclusions can be drawn from this data over the course of one year. This might be a statistical blip, but it is a development I'll be monitoring.

2 standards for tonight
Utah St. +22 -110
North Texas +17.5 -110

I'm not going to lie, North Texas should be a pass but I can't help myself.

Good luck on the 09-10 season.