Friday, September 26, 2008

CFB Leans Week 5

It's been a hectic week and haven't had much time to do "research". So a day late here are my college leans...

Indiana +8.5
The loss to Ball St last week + Sparty's last two performances were not as good as the score would indicate. Plus Ball St gashed Indiana for 224 rushing yards last week, Ringer will have that amount at the half.

Kent St +17
Ball St just beat a team from a power conference, so the Golden Showers should be no problem. Also how will Ball St react after losing Dante Love?

Memphis +2
I have no justification other than when the line was originally set Memphis was favored. I don't think the oddsmakers made a mistake.

Akron +11
I'm lukewarm on this pick, we'll see what happens in the next 24 hours

Houston +10.5
ECU will bounce back, right?

ND -1
Notre Dame sucks, Purdue is good, appearantly

Tennessee +6.5
This is one of my favorite plays this week. The reasons for backing Tennesse should be obvious I'll see if I can contain myself when deciding how much to bet.

Michigan +6
I have no idea why people are standing in line waiting to back Allen Everidge on the road as a fav

Florida St -5.5
This one is comical. Colorado beats an overrated West Virginia team led by an overmatched, but pleasant Bill Stewart. FSU looks like complete ass on national tv against Wake. FSU will be lucky to even score six points this weekend.

Arkansas +27
I have nothing for this game, most likely a pass unless I decide I want to lose another unit this weekend.

Wyoming +3
Where are all the people early in the year who were backing Wyoming at home against an also-ran from the MAC?

North Texas +17
The Mean Green defense has looked utterly pathetic all year, I see no reason for this to change against Rice. In addition, it doesn't feel right going against a team that lost by 42 their last time out.

TCU +18
Stoops will likely be an asshole in this game

Georgia -6
This game is bizarre. I feel dirty even thinking about backing the preseason #1 at home sporting a 3-0 record, but it's not up to me. It's up to the public

Idaho +11.5
The Vandals laid claim to being the worst to in the FBS last week, I'll be looking at them more seriously as the year progresses

Nevada +4
UNLV is big-time after beating ASU and ISU. Nevada has not looked so good against Texas Tech(should have fucking covered) or Missouri.