Friday, September 5, 2008

Nebraska is ONLY -26.5!?

Let me lay it down for everyone who reads this site (maybe 1 person besides me), there is a guy I know who absolutely looks down upon people who gamble. Let's call him Waldo. Waldo thinks it is a complete waste of money. Waldo saw my copy of Pro Football Prospectus and kept saying, "stupid" under his breath because he thought it was a gambling book (it kinda is for win totals, but he is oblivious to that fact) never mind the fact that it is the most informative book you can read on the NFL. It was "stupid".

So imagine my shock when I heard that Waldo wanted to drop some cash on the local university. He wants to do what now? Mr. Moral Superiority wants to lower himself to the dregs of society? This line has enticed him so much that he wants to come down from his soapbox and put down his first wager on Nebraska -26.5. His square thinking is as follows Nebraska is 23 points better than Western Michigan. Western Michigan is at least a TD better than San Jose St. Thus Nebraska should cover their spread against SJSU.

Waldo is right about one thing, for him gambling will be a complete waste of money.